What is Branching Strategy?
Branching Strategy is a set of different strategies. The choice of the branching variable is based on this. These strategies range from brute force methods to statistical-based approaches. The choice of the heuristic can greatly affect the performance of a nonlinear, non-convex (discrete) problem.
The available Branching Strategies in Octeract Engine are:
- Most Violated Term (strategy code name:
- Hybrid Integer Least Reduced Axis (strategy code name:
- Max Separation Distance (strategy code name:
- Strong Branching (strategy code name:
- Violation Transfer (strategy code name: