Installation Guide for Octeract Engineexplanation practical insight installation
Octeract Engine Installation on Windows
- Select "Use an existing authentication token" when prompted to choose an authentication token in the wizard. You will be able to access your authentication token after creating a free account.
- Press "Browse" and navigate to where you have downloaded the authentication token on your machine.
- Select the authentication token file.
- Click "Next" in the installation wizard.
Octeract Engine Installation on Linux
Download Octeract Engine and Authentication Token
Install the Engine
Download the Octeract Engine software package for your operating system and your authentication token. You will be able to access your authentication token after creating a free account.. Note down the location of the package you downloaded, as well as the authentication token.
The Linux installation package comes in the form of a self-extracting archive.
For users who want to get up and running as fast as possible, the package enables an optional set-up stage, where the system library and binary directories are automatically modified, and an optional guided configurations for running with Python, or through a GAMS solver are provided.
Advanced users may opt to skip this stage, and configure their system to find Octeract Engine and its libraries manually.
The set-up can always be run again, by running the
installprogram, included in the
bindirectory of the distribution.
To install Octeract Engine, follow the steps below:
- Download the self-extracting (.sh) archive to a location of your choice.
- Open up a terminal. A terminal can usually be found in your already installed applications, on any linux distribution.
- Navigate to the directory you would like Octeract Engine to install itself to. The self-extracting archive distribution always extracts itself in the current active directory.
- Execute the self-extracting package and wait for extraction. (Please replace "X.X.X" with the current engine version)
You will be asked whether you want to proceed with automatic configuration. You can always re-run this step later by running
binfolder of the extracted Octeract Engine distribution.
If you opted for an automatic configuration, to make it active, you will need to log out and in to reload the shell variables, or manually activate them by running
source ~/.profilefor bash shells or
source ~/.zprofilefor zsh shells. If you don't know what that is, you are most likely running a bash shell.
Add Authentication Token
Install the authentication token by replacing
<AUTH_TOKEN>with the path where you downloaded the authentication token, and running:
For example if your authentication token is in
/home/user/Downloads/authentication_token.octeract_lic, the command will look like this:
Run the Engine
As a last step run octeract-engine to make sure that it has been installed successfully.